Bring Your Own Number
How do I transfer my number to Q Link?
For purchased and brought phones alike, this handy guide will make transferring your number to Q Link Wireless a walk in the park.
For this guide, “porting in” and “porting out” refers to transferring your number to and from a carrier.
You’d be “porting in” to Q Link by bringing your number to our network.
You’d be “porting out” of your current carrier by taking your number off their network.
With that cleared up, let’s jump right in!
1. Rules for Bringing Your Own Number
For a fast and smooth transfer, please follow these rules:
- Do NOT have outstanding financial obligations with your current provider.
- Ensure the number being transferred is not in a lock-in period with your current provider.
- 60 Days must pass after the number is activated before it can be transferred.
- Keep your number active on your current network.Do NOT contact your current provider to deactivate your account before or during the number transfer or your number will NOT be eligible.
- Do NOT have a port initiated with your current provider.If you do, you must call them to cancel it.
You should also wait until you receive your SIM card or phone before attempting a number transfer.
2. Information You’ll Need
You’ll need a few pieces of info from your current carrier before you can transfer your number:
- Your phone number
- Account Number
- Billing information
- Port-in Password/PIN
If your carrier doesn’t have a port-in password or pin, check out our guide on how to port out from each carrier.
3. What to do if there’s an error
If you encounter an error, it’s usually due to an incorrect PIN or account number.
In that case, check out our guide on learning your correct PIN and Account Number.
If you ever need assistance, get in touch with our expert support team any time at 1-855-754-6543.
Select your topic below: