What do you need help with?
How do I troubleshoot common issues on my tablet?
If you are experiencing issues with your tablet, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem:
- Restart your tablet: Sometimes, simply restarting your tablet can resolve issues. Press and hold the Power button until the tablet turns off, then press the power button again to turn it back on.
- Force restart: Press and hold the Power button for 10-20 seconds until the tablet turns off, and then turn it back on.
- Uninstall apps: If the issue persists, try uninstalling the app that is causing the issue or any recently installed apps that may be causing the problem.
- Check your Internet connection: If you are experiencing issues with apps or browsing, make sure your Internet connection is stable and working properly.
- Check for software updates: If there are software updates available for your tablet, installing them can often resolve issues and improve performance. Go to Settings > System > System update to check for updates.
- Reset to factory settings: If all else fails, you can try resetting your tablet to its factory settings Click here to see the steps on how to Factory Reset your tablet.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may need to contact Q Link Wireless customer support for further assistance.
How do I update the software on my tablet?
To update the software on your tablet, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your tablet.
- Scroll down to the System section and tap on it.
- Tap on Advanced.
- Tap on System update.
- If there is an available update, you’ll see a notification. To start the update process, tap on Download and Install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update. Your tablet will restart several times during the process.
It’s recommended to back up your data before updating the software in case something goes wrong during the process. Also, make sure that your tablet is connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network and has sufficient battery life before starting the update.
How do I do a factory reset on my tablet?
If you need to reset your tablet back to its original factory settings, follow these steps:
- Make sure your tablet is turned off.
- Press and hold the Volume up and Power buttons simultaneously until the Q Link logo appears on the screen.
- Release both buttons and wait for the Android logo to appear.
- Use the Volume Down button to scroll to Wipe data/factory reset and press the Power button to select it.
- Use the Volume down button to scroll to Yes – delete all user data and press the Power button to select it.
- Wait for the reset process to complete, then use the Volume Down button to select Reboot system now and press the Power button to restart your tablet.
Remember to back up all your important data before performing a factory reset as this process will delete all data and settings from your tablet.