For purchased and brought phones alike, this handy guide will make transferring your number to Q Link Wireless a walk in the park.
For this guide, “porting in” and “porting out” refers to transferring your number to and from a carrier.
You’d be “porting in” to Q Link by bringing your number to our network.
You’d be “porting out” of your current carrier by taking your number off their network.
With that cleared up, let’s jump right in!
1. Rules for Bringing Your Own Number
For a fast and smooth transfer, please follow these rules:
- Keep your number active on your current network. Do NOT contact your current provider to deactivate your account before or during the number transfer. This will make your number NOT eligible for transfer.
- Do NOT have a port initiated with your current provider. If you do, you must call them to cancel it.
You should also wait until you receive your SIM card or phone before attempting a number transfer.
2. Information You’ll Need
You’ll need a few pieces of info from your current carrier before you can transfer your number:
- Your phone number
- Account Number
- Billing information
- Port-in Password/PIN
If your carrier doesn’t have a port-in password or PIN, check out our guide on how to port out from each carrier.
3. What to do if there’s an error
If you encounter an error, it’s usually due to an incorrect PIN or account number.
In that case, check out our guide on learning your correct PIN and Account Number.
If you ever need assistance, get in touch with our expert support team any time at 1-855-754-6543.
Yes, you can now bring your existing number to the Q Link Wireless network.
For the fastest number transfer possible, please have the following information available:
- Your existing Phone number
- The account number from your existing provider
- The account password/PIN from your existing provider
- Billing name and address on your existing provider’s account
- Keep your number active on your current network. Do NOT contact your current provider to deactivate your account before or during the number transfer or your number will NOT be eligible.
- Pay any remaining balances with your current provider. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to port even if the number is still active.
- Your phone needs to be unlocked. Talk to your current provider to make sure your phone is unlocked.
- Do NOT have a current port initiated with your current provider. If you do, you will have to call them to cancel it.
Your old number and account will get deactivated as soon as your number is approved to transfer to Q Link.
Once you follow these instructions and have the proper information on hand, call us at 1-(855) 754-6543 to get your number transferred!
Looking for help? Check out this FAQ for more assistance with transferring your number.
Select your topic below: