If you have a Quest 5 and have received an error message after inserting your new SIM Card, then you’ve come to the right place! You’ll most likely have to update the software on your phone, so we’ve put together a few steps on how to get this started. Once completed, your phone & SIM Card should work smoothly.
Pro tip: Before starting, make sure your new SIM Card has been removed from your phone and that your phone is at least 60% charged. Connecting your phone to a charger may also help. You should also be connected to Wi-Fi.
Check the version of your ZTE Software
Let’s start by checking the current version of your ZTE software.
- Go to Settings > Scroll down & Tap System
- Select Advanced > Then hit About phone
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and check your build number
If your build ends in B14, your phone is running on the latest ZTE software.
Now, if your build ends between B06 & B11, you will have to update your phone until it reaches version B14.
Build numbers are:
Updating your ZTE Software
Now that you’ve found your build number, you can start from here.
- Go back and tap Advanced
- Then, tap System Update > Hit ZTE Update
- Tap Check for Update
If an update is found, your phone will automatically begin downloading it to your phone.
Once you have successfully updated your ZTE software, you’ll need to perform a Network Reset. This will clear “junk files” and makes your phone run faster. And don’t worry! A Network Reset won’t delete any files stored on your phone.
Resetting Your Network
- Tap Settings > Hit System
- Choose Reset Options > Then Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth
Once your ZTE software has reached B14, insert your new SIM Card into your phone and perform another Network Reset (see instructions above).
Your phone will then restart and connect to our upgraded network! You can now surf, stream and use all your favorite apps at faster speeds than ever before.
If you’ve completed each of these steps and your phone is still displaying an error message, it’s best to speak to our Tech Support team.
Give us a call at 1 (888) 505 – 7678 and we will connect you to an agent who can help resolve this issue for you.
Error messages are generated for many different reasons. You may be unable to send a picture or video message, or you may receive error messages if your phone is connected to the wrong network, or if data is disabled on your phone. But don’t worry! It’s typically easy to fix.
Here’s what you can do:
- Go to Settings › Wireless & Networks › Mobile Networks or Data
- Once there, make sure data is enabled.
- Go to Settings > System Update > Update Profile or PRL
- Select “Update Profile” or “Update PRL” (if you see both, please update both).
- Once selected, wait a moment while the phone finishes updating. Some phones may restart at this point.
If this does not solve the error, or you continue to receive error messages, contact our excellent customer support team. They will be happy to walk you through troubleshooting your phone.
- Call us toll-free at 1-855-754-6543.
- Follow the prompts to resolve your issue.
We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing technical problems with your cell phone. We understand troubleshooting can be difficult.
Please use the following links for quick and easy troubleshooting:
- Battery or charger problems
- Phone constantly on roaming
- Received an error message
- Phone turning on and off on its own
- Purchased data not working
If you’ve followed these troubleshooting guidelines and you’re still having a problem, you may need to contact Customer Support at 1-855-754-6543 for further troubleshooting assistance. Please do not call from the phone you are experiencing problems with, call from a different phone so that we can speak with you while performing a few quick troubleshooting steps on your problem device.
Ready to upgrade?
If you’d like to order a new phone, you can order a replacement for a discounted rate of $25. For your convenience, you can pay over the phone or online with a debit or credit card in your name or with a prepaid gift card. Click here to use our easy online ordering system, or call 1-855-754-6543 to make your request by phone.
**If you reported that your phone, battery, or charger was broken, but it now works, there is nothing further for you to do except enjoy your free service!**
This error code happens when you leave the data on your phone disabled for too long. To fix this error, you’ll need to change your phone’s profile on the wireless network.
To change the profile, simply follow these three easy steps:
- Go to your Q Link phone’s Settings.
- Select Wireless Networks and then choose ‘Mobile Networks‘.
- Click on ‘Data Enable’. Toggle the switch to disable data.
- Reset your phone by powering it off and then back on.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2. Click on ‘Data Enable‘ and toggle it to enable data.
If this does not resolve the issue, please contact Customer Support for additional troubleshooting. You can reach our friendly support staff toll-free at 1-855-754-6543. Make sure the phone you are calling from is not the phone you are experiencing problems with.
Select your topic below:
- Lifeline Service & Plans
- New SIM Card/Migration
- EBB Help Center
- Apply For Service / Sign Up
- Check Status
- Submit Proof
- Lost, Stolen, or Broken Devices
- Login Issues
- Device User Manuals
- Update Account / Change Plan
- Check or Add Minutes
- Annual Recertification
- Tech Support
- Bring Your Own Phone
- Other Questions
- View All