To unlock your phone from your current provider, there are a few requirements you need to meet. Please review the following guidelines.
The requirements for unlocking your phone with Assurance Wireless are as follows:
- The device must be provided by Assurance Wireless.
- The device should not be reported as lost, stolen, or flagged as ineligible for unlocking.
- The device must have been active for at least 12 months.
Here are simplified and short instructions for unlocking your device with Assurance Wireless:
- Ensure your device meets the eligibility requirement (check the terms and conditions.)
- If eligible, Assurance Wireless will automatically unlock your device within two business days if it supports remote unlock. Otherwise, you’ll receive a notification with further instructions.
- For Android devices:
- Connect to T-Mobile or Sprint network or Wi-Fi.
- Go to the “Devices” page, select your device, and find “Mobile Device Unlock” in the “Security” drop-down.
- Choose “Permanent Unlock” and wait for the process to complete.
- Restart your device.
- Contact Assurance Wireless Customer Care at 1-888-321-5880 if you need help with unlocking or encounter any issues.
Remember to contact Assurance Wireless for device-specific instructions if you have a different device type.