To unlock your phone from your current provider, there are a few requirements you need to meet. Please review the following guidelines.
Based on the provided information, the requirements to unlock your phone are:
- The phone must be a prepaid Lifeline mobile wireless device.
- The unlocking request can be made no later than one year after the initial activation of the device.
- SafetyNet will unlock eligible devices within two business days of receiving a request or provide an explanation if the device does not qualify for unlocking.
- Deployed military personnel who are customers in good standing can unlock their devices upon providing deployment papers.
To unlock your phone by calling the carrier, follow these instructions:
- Dial SafetyNet Wireless customer support at 1-888-224-3213.
- Inform the representative that you would like to unlock your phone.
- Provide the necessary information, such as your account details, phone number, and any other relevant details.
- The representative will verify your eligibility for unlocking based on SafetyNet’s unlocking policy.
- If you meet the requirements, the representative will guide you through the unlocking process and provide any necessary instructions or codes.
- Follow the instructions provided by the representative to complete the unlocking process.
- Once the process is complete, restart your phone to apply the unlock.