To unlock your phone from your current provider, there are a few requirements you need to meet. Please review the following guidelines.
The requirements and instructions for unlocking your phone with Verizon are as follows:
- Post-pay devices purchased from Verizon: Locked for 60 days after purchase.
- Post-pay devices purchased from retail partners: Locked for 60 days after activation.
- After 60 days, Verizon will automatically remove the lock. Following the 60-day lock period, we do not lock our phones at any time.
- Prepaid devices purchased from Verizon and certain retail partners: Locked for 60 days after activation.
- 4G Phone-in-a-Box purchased from retail partners: Refer to the back of the box for the applicable lock period.
- Deployed military personnel: Can request unlocking even during the 60-day lock period following device purchase, upon providing relocation orders outside of the Verizon Coverage Area.
Unlocking by calling the carrier:
- You can unlock your phone by calling Verizon customer service at their phone number.
- Dial the Verizon customer service number provided: 1-800-922-0204.
- Follow the automated prompts or speak to a representative.
- Inform the representative that you would like to unlock your phone.
- Provide any necessary information to verify your identity and ownership of the device.
- Follow any additional instructions provided by the representative.
- The representative will initiate the unlocking process on their end.
- Wait for confirmation from the representative that your phone has been unlocked.
- After unlocking, restart your phone to complete the process.